Oct. 28, 2014 Updated 6:14 p.m.
Article taken from the Orange County Register
STANTON –“ A home sustained moderate damage in a fire Monday night in Stanton, authorities said. The fire broke out around 6:50 p.m. in the attic of the single-story residence in the 7800 block of Santa Rita Avenue, Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Steve Concialdi said. The fire was started by a resident who was improperly using a makeshift open-flame device to eradicate spiders and spider webs in the eaves of the roof, he said, and the device caught some combustible material on fire. There was fire damage to the home’s attic and roof, along with smoke damage throughout the house, Concialdi said. No one was injured. Thirty firefighters got the fire under control about 7:15 p.m., Concialdi said. The residents were displaced by the fire.”
I Just finished a blog posting about do-it-yourself pest controllers when I found that article.
The study from Virginia Tech I referred to on another blog, found that consumers not only use 10 times the amount of pesticides that’s needed for pest control problems around their home but common sense is not part of their thinking either.
Give Wheeler’s Pest Control a call for any pest control or rodent control problem you may need with.