RODENT CONTROL AND RODENT REMOVAL
Rat & Mice Extermination - Rodent Control & Rat Removal Services in Orange County, Los Angeles, and Riverside are a part of life if you life in Southern California.
Rats are the most destructive rodents in Orange County, Temecula, Murrieta, and Carlsbad. They damage structures and properties, and transmit fleas, lice and mites. They also transmit a number of diseases to humans. Rats biting through wires, pipes, and AC ducts are known to cause thousands in damages to homes and commercial properties. Calling an expert in Rodent extermination at the first signs can prevent damages.
The following should be done if you have rat problems. It will take you through the types of rats we have in Orange County and Los Angeles, Temecula, Murrieta, Corona , North County and the Carlsbad area, how to spot a potential rodent infestation, rodent proofing, habitat modification measures to take, rodent removal, rodent trapping, rodent control and general biology of these animals.
SPOTTING A RAT INFESTATION
Check your yard and home. If you can answer yes to any of the following question you may have a brewing rodent infestation:
- Do you have any rat or mice droppings around your home or commercial property?
- Do you hear scratching coming from the attic or walls at night?
- Have you seen nests or droppings behind appliances, draws or in garage?
- Does your dog or cat bring home dead rats or mice?
- Do you a flea infestation but have no pets?
- Is there evidence of rats or some rodent half eaten fruit on your trees?
- Do you see rat digging round plant roots or near garbage cans?
- Do you see rats running along phone or power lines, fence tops or in trees after dark?
- Are there black grease rub marks caused by the rats rubbing their body against walls pipes?
- Have you removed dead rats or mice from your swimming pool or pond?
- Do you see droppings in your attic?
- Is the door seal on the garage door damaged or looked chewed on?
Rodent Sanitation and Clean up
Sanitation is the foundation to reduce rodent population and must be continuous. If sanitation issues are not maintained, the rat population will quickly return. Good landscaping around buildings will reduce available shelter and food sources for rats or mice, to some extent. Garbage and garden debris should be placed in garbage cans with tight-fitting lids. Dog or cat food should not be left outside. Always store pet food in rodent-proof bins preferably metal one, rats can chew though plastic .
Reducing dense vegetation will make your home less desirable. plants such as ivy, on fences or buildings are very conducive to a rodent infestations and should be either thinned or removed, tree limbs within 3 feet of the roof should be trimmed back.
Read more on Rodent Clean Up in your attic!
Sealing rats out is the long term solution of rodent control in buildings if done correctly and no holes are missed. Seal cracks and openings in building foundations, roofs, and any pipes, electric wires, door sweeps, screens, drains, and attic and sub area vents. Use sheet metal, stainless steel mesh to seal entry hole (not foam). No hole larger than a dime should be left open to exclude both rats and mice. Rats can climb up stucco to get on the roof to try to enter attic, where they are safe from predators. Sealing holes will prevent future damage and rat infestation.
RAT PROOFING AND EXTERMINATION CHECK LIST:
- Repair or replace damaged ventilation screen around the foundation and under eaves.
- Provide a door for the crawl space entry.
- Seal all openings around pipes, cables, and wires that enter through walls.
- Make sure internal screens on roof and attic air vents are in good repair.
- Fix rooftop vents screens bigger then a dime.
- Make sure all doors are seal at the bottom.
- Seal gaps beneath garage doors with a weather-stripping.
- Install self-closing exits to clothes dryer vents.
- Read more on Rat Exclusion!
RAT & MOUSE TRAPPING AND EXTERMINATION
To control rats & mice in a building is the safest and most effective method for rodent control in homes and businesses. Baiting inside homes to control the problem is not recommended because the dead rodents may end up in the wall, attic or other hard to reach place. While trapping is generally recommended for rodent control indoors, when the number of them around a building is high, you will need to use either baits to exterminate large number and gain adequate control, especially if there is a continuous re-infestation from surrounding areas. Enclosed bait stations, are place around the building. They are checked and refilled every two months to maintain a steady supply of bait for the rodents. Read More on Rodent Trapping!
Call Wheeler's Rodent Control Services Temecula, Murrieta, Orange County, Carlsbad. Today at 1-877-595-2847.
RODENT CONTROL RATS AND MICE
Rats and mice are mostly active around dusk until the sun comes out. They wake up at dusk to look for food and watering then return to the nest at sunrise. Rats are good climbers unlike mice that stay on the ground level. Baby Rats are the same sizes as a mouse, knowing the different will determine treatment methods.
Norway and Roof rats are the two most common rats in California and both are not native to Southern California and are consider an invasive species. Norway rats are the most common in Orange County, Los Angeles, and San Diego although Riverside County has a high population of Roof Rats. Norway Rats are brown to tan with a white belly and are bigger than the roof rat. Norway rats are the most common in Southern California.
Roof rats or the black rat are a dark brown to black with a tail that almost doubles his body eat a wide variety of foods, like fruits, palm tree seeds, slugs, and snails. Roof rats are not as common 1 out of 100 rat jobs in Orange County, LA, San Diego, and Riverside County end up being roof rats.
Mice are 1- 2 inch with a tail shorter then there body. They will feed on almost anything a rat would eat. They don't need a water source because they can get enough from the foods they eat. Therefore their urine is very concentrated. Mice don't travel very far from their nest.
CALL WHEELERS PEST CONTROL FOR YOUR Temecula, Murrieta, Orange County, Carlsbad PROBLEMS